8.29.2009

Back to School

School started back up on Monday- woowoo. I really love most of my kids already- my one class that is super rowdy already is actually one of my favorite ones- they might wear me out, but they at least keep me entertained in the process. They don't call me Mrs. Dowell- they call me Miss Do Well.... I hear them yelling it in the hallways, in the commons, at lunch, in class, everywhere! It's cute. They have big personalities, and I can tell 6th period will keep me on my toes and laughing!
3 of my classes are Co-Teach class this year (I only had 1 last year)- that means that any student with a severe learning disability or has been placed in Special Education, but has the ability to succeed in a class as hard as Chemistry, is integrated into my standard classes. My co-teacher is a Special Ed certified teacher who is there to help modify and accomdate the material for their needs. It's draining at first, but once we get back into the swing of things, and know everyone's needs and disabilities, it won't be so much to handle. They are such sweet kids, and so eager to do well!
Here are some pictures of my room- I love being in it!


My cheerleaders and drill team girls decorated my window for me.

LOVE this wall! (Those are periodic table elements that are spelling KAtY TiGeRS by the way- there is no "R" element, so I had to go with the Universal Gas Constant. R= 8.314 or .08206, depending on your pressure units!) My kids also drew Safety Cartoons, so I put up the cute ones. (My fave is the one with a horse in a barn saying "No horseplay in lab- EVER!)

The teacher before me had this sign- it says "The Top 10 Reasons to Love Chem." I'm going to have my kids do something or another for this eventually- there's not a ton of free time in Chemistry, but maybe on a day I'm out or something....

Here's my desk- with daily folders for extras and make-up work. Yeah right- let's see if I do any better about keeping up with make-up work this year! I was just banking on none of my kids missing school. Ever...
And my "Expectations" and my weekly schedule.... gotta have both, so might as well make 'em cutesy! The kids freak out if I don't keep my week updated- so they are looking at it!

1 comment:

Kate said...

LOVE your room!!!!!!!! I bet you are the coolest teacher. I bet you will have such a good year this year... all the transition stuff over with --daycare, a first time mommy, and first year teacher and a first home all at once is crazy! You are awesome- I would have been a nut ball.