9.06.2009

Fall Football Fans

First of all- I teach at Katy High School. If they haven't won the most 5-A State Football Championships, then they have got to be a close 2nd behind Odessa Permian. It is a blast working there; and this year I have a lot of the stud recievers and a few key defensive line guys in my class. So, they've been on me about coming to more of their games this year (I didn't make it to one last year- I was 9 months pregnant when school started, then had Ada and football was the last thing on my mind!) So I went to the opening game last weekend against Northshore (we won); and took The Bug. She LOVED it! Her favorite part is when the band breaks into song and dance. And she was enamored by the mascot; who I found out Monday is also in my class! (More pictures of those two together to come, I assure you.) Here is a photo of Ada and me sitting in the nosebleed section- Ada is snacking on Animal Crackers, of course!


And, of course, we had to get Ada to an Aggie Football game before she turned 1! There is a picture I need to dig up of my Mom, Dad, and me with a few Aggie football players when I was about Ada's age- as soon as I find that at Gram's, I will scan and post it, too! Ada had a blast at the Aggie game, too. She is such a good sport! She was a little confused when the entire 12th man began to sway in the stands across the field, but loved being able to yell and cuss "sounds like hell!"
We couldn't find any concession stand food that I would allow her to eat that she could chew and swallow- so by half time she was starving and cranky. I took her out to the car to give her her cheese stick and animal crackers; but I was too exhausted to make the trek back to stadium. So unfortunately, Ada missed the Fightin' Texas Aggie Band forming at the North End of Kyle Field..next time! Thanks Rick for sharing your awesome tix!

Walking to Kyle Field.Hanging out by the Reveille's before the game- lots of people to investigate!

We saw Uncle Andy! He's so interesting... Who is having more fun- Ada or MiMi?!?!
What's all this commotion!?!I want to yell some more bad words, Mom!!

No comments: