10.09.2009

Swine Flu

The dreaded H1N1 Virus, or The Swine Flu, has officially invaded our home. I'm the one who came down with it first- it started last Wednesday, got bad Thursday, and I thought I was dying by Friday. I ran a 103 fever for at least 3 days, and I almost went to the ER on Saturday night with some intense chest pains- but waited it out to go to a clinic on Sunday only to be turned away because they were too full! By the time I got into a doctor on Monday, I had a sinus infection, upper respiratory infection, and an unexplainable rash (that is now fading). My H1N1 test actually came back negative, but Ada's doctor today told me that those tests are pretty inaccurate and frequently give false negatives. Apparently I probably did have the virus... because Ada tested positive for it today. :*(Her case actually seems fairly mild- knock on wood. Her fever hasn't gotten above a 101.5, and her cough is pretty tame. We do have Tamiflu ($100, ouch!) in case her symptoms worsen drastically- but there are some scary side effects that the antiviral can have, so we're not being hasty and giving it just yet. (Severe nausea, vomiting, and hallucinations in children are just a few....) On top of all of this that this baby is enduring, she also has a double ear infection, so is on antibiotics for another 10 days. (She does not tolerate antibiotics well, her body hates them...therefore I do, too!)Say a little prayer for The Bug! And enjoy the pictures of her with her new stuffed Lovey, Piglet- purchased today in honor of her Swine Flu!!!
Not feelin' too hot- but loving on my Swine Flu anyway!

I got this thing by the ankles- don't worry about me, Mom!!I love this baby.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Poor Ada! Praying for a quick recovery. She looks so happy despite having the flu...what a sweet girl.