11.15.2009

The Weeknight Chronicles

Well, not much to report around here for the past week. Friday night we went to Aunt Kendra's house to celebrate Grandma's (Sandra!) 35th birthday. ;) Much to everyone's disappointment, Ada stayed home with MiMi- at this point in our lives, it is virtually impossible to take Ada ANYWHERE that is not bolted up and cushioned like an insane asylum. I honestly believe Ada is the most curious, interested, fast-paced, busiest 13 month old E-V-E-R. (I'm sure every mother of a toddler will say the same thing. It's a fact of life, I suppose!) Anyway, our house is not only a safe-haven for Ada, but for my sanity as well. (I'm already having mini-panic attacks just thinking about the Holidays. Although I consider myself an optimist- I also have a realist side and I am envisioning the headache, exhaustion, and frustration of staying on top of my little toot!)
Then Saturday we ventured to the Katy playoff game against Stratford- it was a blowout, of course. On to the 2nd round! Ada had a blast- she *loved* the mascot (a Tiger with a bow and big eyelashes!), and waved to her the entire time (I have Kelli in class- she waved back the entire time, too- My goal is to find a good opportunity to get a cute picture of the two together at some point). She also clapped along with the cheerleaders (who also spent a chunk of time waving to Ada- when they weren't trying to find people they knew in the crowd), and conducted the band whenever they would play a tune. We had to leave at half-time because Ada was over sitting still for an hour; and the score was 35-7. Katy won; but I don't know the final score. But I do know there was a cutie-patootie in the stands cheering on her future Alma Mater:

Since there are no other exciting things to fill you in on for the week; I thought I'd let you in on our weeknight routine! (Doesn't THAT sound enthralling!?) Last year, every day, we'd come home from school, take our baths/showers, get in our comfies (that's Mobley for comfortable clothes to lounge around the house in), then snuggle, watch a recorded Oprah, and read baby books the rest of the afternoon. That no longer flies with my extremely active Bug.... Here are some pictures of how we roll, now!

Immediately when we get home, Ada has her after school snack while I clean out our lunch boxes and then pack our necessities for the next day. (Can I just say how much I'm enjoying NOT having a pump to clean, re-assemble, and bottles to make anymore? I still can't get over how much time that took!) Ada typically has some sort of cracker (animal, graham, cheddar, you name it!), an easy fruit (bananas and avacados are her faves), and a glass of milk that ends up on her tray, hair, and the floor. Rarely makes it down her throat....

Immediately upon getting our chores done, we hurry up and change into our comfies. That is something that will never change! I also usually have a Route 44 Unsweet Tea with Extra Ice from Sonic Happy Hour. Not usually. Always. (Recognize my shirt, Katy!?)

Then, it's P-L-A-Y-T-I-M-E!!! And of the hundreds of fantastic, high tech, stimulating toys that inhabit the dining room- Ada relentlessly chooses the Tuppeware as her toy of choice. It is the one cabinet we left without baby locks- And Ada takes full advantage of that. Here she is making sure she hasn't missed one item!

I hope I don't accidentally use her as a container one day!

Tupperware can always be worn as hats and helmets. I've also witnessed them transform into a drum, a chair, a vehicle, a ball to throw, and once even a left shoe. Obviously, it is the perfect toy- someone should be making millions off of this.

Then, it is dinner time. We try to eat as a family; but sometimes Daddy doesn't get home until 7:30 if he works out after work, so those nights are girls only! Ada's favorite meals are pasta dishes- the more veggies and sauce the better. She also loves to steal my avacaodos and tomatoes from my salads- I'm so lucky she enjoys such healthy foods! (Don't get me wrong- she also loves chicken nuggets, french fries, pizza, and ice cream. She definitely has her culinary priorities straight!)

Then, it's walk time. We get the mail and stroll around the block. Sometimes Ada loves it and could last for hours; other times we barely make it to the mailbox!
Lastly, its bathtime with Daddy. She loves her Ducks (and will occasionally let you know that a Duck goes "Quack Quack" if you bombard her enough with the noise). The purple hippo is also among her favorite bath toys. She's getting bath crayons for Christmas, and I have a feeling she's going to LOVE them!

I don't have a picture of our last stop- Mom knocking her out with her magic powers in the rocking chair! She'll sometimes wake up in the middle of the night if she's teething, got an ear infection, or just needs some extra loving (sound like a lot? It is). But a good night is one where she sleeps 'til 4 or 5 then gets to snooze for another hour or so in bed with Mom and Dad! :) This post ended up being a novel; so much for not having a lot to write about this weekend!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Ok, I love this post! I can just picture you and Ada doing all these things... sounds a lot like our days actually...play, eat, play, eat!!! So interesting to hear what other people do I think.(and yes, LOVE the shirt by the way! :-))