1.17.2010

Bedtime Bliss

Ada was the easiest, most entertaining, most amazing, happiest baby on EARTH from day one... (That is changing a bit- but normal, from what I hear. HOORAY for early onset of "The Terrible Twos," and then every following year with an ominous adjective)...EXCEPT for bedtime.

Now, it wasn't a problem as long as she got what she wanted at bedtime (I'll save you the details)... and then again 3 hours later. And again 3 hours later. And.. you get the point. She slept through the night from 3-4 months; then came teething- and then never again. Until recently! One night I was too utterly exhausted to go through the whole "please just fall asleep so I can put you in your crib and sneak out" routine so I let her "cry it out" alone. She was NEVER scared; just pissed off. The next night she just curled up on her blankies and hummed until she fell asleep! Then began sleeping THROUGH THE NIGHT. (My friend Katy swore this would be the case- this is exactly what happened with Mia- but I just couldn't bear to try it right away!)

Then came tubes- and she started waking up twice a night again. So, a few nights ago, Casey and I just turned down the monitor and let her fuss. Same scene, different story- she was only mad, not scared (that's my weakness- the minute I hear her scared cry it would be game over.) And she's back to sleeping through the night again!

Praise the Lord! Here are some pictures of her happy in her bed, and getting comfy in her blankies. Love that Baby!!!


1 comment:

Kate said...

They are always capable of so much more than they lead us on to beleive I think!

I am so proud of Ada... and YOU AND CASEY!!! That isnt easy to do. What a sweet baby girl. (And I totally know what you mean about the scared cry. I dont last a second when she pulls that one out of the bag. When they are just ticked off it can be a little funny...)
:-)