1.09.2012

She makes me laugh!

Ada is seriously hysterical.  I know kids are just notoriously random and funny- but the things that come flying out of my 3 year old's mouth seem to be ultra-ridiculous, sometimes!  Here are some recent ones off of the top of my head (while I pump on my lunch break)-

Ada: "Lord, thank you for our food, for our cozy bed, for our friends..."
Me: "Ada, are you saying your prayers, sweet girl!?"
Ada: "NO MOM!  I'M TUCKING MY RATS IN!  LEAVE US ALONE!"

As we looked at a human anatomy book smack dab in the middle of Barnes and Noble, Ada shouts "YOU EAT FOOD AND POOP IT OUT YOUR HINEY, AND YOU DRINK DRINKS AND TEETEE IT OUT OF YOUR VAGINA!"  (She loooves the human body, BTW!)

(I can't remember if I've posted this next one:)
Ada: "I'm a princess mom, you're not.  There can only be one."
Me: "That's fine- because I'm the QUEEN!"
Ada: "Yes.  I'm a princess, you're a queen, and Dax is a ... GOOFBALL!"

After attempting 3 times for write the letter A (each time accidentally making an H- which she can't technically write, either) she says "Welp.  Can't do it.  I want some pizza now."

Ada (at least twice a day): "HEY MOM!  COME CHECK THIS OUT!" {insert some hysterical scenario she's placed her stuffed animals in or something.  Yesterday the entire toy box was out on the ground, and everyone was facing forward in rows "watching a movie."  Sometimes she takes the DVDs out of the drawer and organizes them in some sort of maze.  Once, she took out an entire box of organic wipes and constructed a trail around her room.)

Speaking of playing- I always find little remnants of a good, hard play around the house- animals in precarious situations (usually a group stand off or timeout).  Barbies in the barbie car with their hand in a wave, and a penguin in the passenger seat.  An entire grocery store sporatically set up around her room.  I really should snap a picture next time, because it makes me smile!

Ada: MOMMY!!  I'M SCARED IN MY BED!"
Me: "What is it!?"
Ada: "I saw a WORRRMM on my PIILLLLLOOOWWW!"
{insert very genuine tears, it was actually heartbreaking!}

Ada: "Look at the picture I colored on my {car} window, Mom!"
Me: "OMG."

Ada: {insert some snotty statement}
Me: "Ada, don't you talk to your mother that way!"
Ada: "YOU! ARE NOT!  MY MOTHER!!!!!!!!  AND I!  AM NOT!  YOUR MOTHER!"

Ada (playing drive-thru in her new play house): "Whatchu want, Momma?"
Me: "I'll take McGriddle cakes, please!"
Ada: "Nope, I'm out."
Me: "OK, I'll have a smoothie."
Ada: "I don't have any smoothies, today."
Me: "Um, how about a Frappacino?"
Ada: "Nope."
Me: "What do you have?"
Ada: {insert something random that she then furiously prepares for me}

There are thousands, millions more!  I love her SO darn much!


1 comment:

Knox said...

I love them ALL but "I AM NOT YOU MOTHER!!!!" is hysterical!