3.26.2012

New Adaisms

Oh, my daughter!  Love, love, love her!
  1. MiMi and Steve took Ada for the night over Spring Break, and went to Kemah on Monday.  She had a BLAST- and loved the "steering wheel" - the Ferris Wheel!
  2. "Daddy, quit SINGING!  Your mouth is NOT a radio!"
  3. Me: 'That broke mama's heart when you fell off of your swing and got hurt."  Ada: "Oh, your heart is broken?  Well, mine is fixed." 
  4. She has a pet puppy she's named "Buffalo."  In fact, one day she was looking for any excuse to say naughty words, and his name became "Buffalo-Go-Away."  Apparently he's Native American.  {We also had another stuffed animal that day with the name "butt" incorporated.}
  5. Speaking of squeezing in a naughty word whenever possible- "The word of the day today is BUTT, Mama!"
  6. We went to see "The Lorax," and she's still calling it "The Clorox."
  7. She's obsessed with learning what each food is 'good for'. Last night after I told her bananas were good for her heart, and tomatoes are good for her skin- she turned around and taught Dax.  :)  {Her favorite fact is that avacados are good for your brain!}
  8. After discussing that cheese is good for her bones: "Oh, I never want to show my friends my skeleton!!"
  9. She has learned to navigate the iPad better than I can.  That child can pull up You Tube and Netflix and find a show she wants to watch {a tad scary...}- I've found her watching episodes of Sesame Street the last two evenings.  She can also get to the App Store and attempt to purchase Apps that look appealing.  Thankfully it's password protected so she can't rack up a huge bill... but she's definitely working on it.
  10. She was allowed to watch TV until 8:00 one night- and we'd been watching the clock as it approached 8pm.  Every minute she'd comment how it was "7-5-6, 7-5-7, etc."   When it turned 8:00 {and she knew we were watching for "8-0-0"}- and I asked her what time it was, she played dumb: "Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.  I don't know??"
  11. I'm worried that she is a total perv- she loooves to discuss "private parts."  MiMi and Steve's neighbor is an elderly man- and she informed me {in his presence}: "he's a boy.  He's got a penis."
  12. Later that weekend:"Boys have a penis. Girls have a vagina. And I don't want to talk about it."
  13. Again, in the car- I was trying to distract her from more private part observations by asking her what her favorite part of her favorite song was.  Her answer: "the part where they say booodddddyyyyy." {singing it.  And, it's "Somebody You Used To Know" by Gotye, in case you're wondering what her favorite song is right now.}

  14. Me: ADA- quit acting like a fool.  Ada: I'm not a boy!!  Me: I said FOOL, not boy.  Ada: But Ms. Caroline only tells the boys at school to quit actin' a fool!
  15. Me: Ada, be very careful, don't accidentally roll into the street on your bike.  Ada: Ohh.  Would a car come and hit me?  Me: It's possible.  Ada: Ohh.  That would break my bike!
  16. And my favorite lately: {while coloring a picture of The Little Mermaid} "I'm coloring her boobies lavender."



    There have been tons more that I just don't get a chance to write down in the moment, and subsequently forget.  I'm going to start carrying a pen and paper everywhere so I can remember those!

    No comments: