8.15.2009

A Bug Bite

We all know that Ada is super affectionate- I mean c'mon... a baby that gives hugs and kisses at 5 months old is pretty lovey- dovey! She has this adorable routine when she sees a stuffed animal that she loves where she lays on him, hugs him, grunts, and gives him "kisses." Kisses in Ada's book are big, open mouthed, and slobbery ...with an occasional brush of the teeth.

Well, yesterday at daycare there was an infant laying on the floor (why there was a non-mobile infant on that side of the baby room is beyond me), and Ada decided it looked lonely. And like it needed some loving. So she crawled on over to her little friend, layed on top of him/her (they won't tell me who her victim was), hugged the baby, and kissed it. Leaving a huge set of teeth marks on the baby's forehead.

I feel SO GUILTY, and TERRIBLE for that baby and his/her Mommy.... I'm not making excuses for Ada, but I know she was just trying to be a good, loving friend. So now we have to pay close attention and intervene when she is loving on her animals- which breaks my heart! No one should be told they are being "bad" when they are just trying to be nice! That sweet girl- I know we will look back on this and laugh someday... but for now it's no fun! Say a little prayer that we can nip this in the butt soon so she doesn't have to get in trouble again at daycare, and no more innocent babies (that look like toys) get hurt!

1 comment:

Another Texas Family said...

Aubrey was a biter and bit a few kids. Hope that makes you feel better!