8.11.2009

Return to School: Update

Well, those of you that have a Facebook account saw my beligerent status updates yesterday about a big Grouch at daycare that did NOT help Ada's transition in the least.

Miss Angel (Ada's new teacher in the "Infants 2" room- we really like her, and are comfortable with her; since Ada and I have been going for regular play dates for the past 2 weeks) was out because her baby was sick. So the first unfortunate event is that Ada has to start back with all of these strangers, who don't even know us. Then, Kash and Presley are both out. Unfortunate even #2.
Unfortunate event #3 is what sent me over the edge. As I walked back into daycare I could hear my daughter hysterically crying from the front foyer. I get into her room and she's more upset than I've ever seen her, crawling in circles and bumping into things. Alone. Completely uncharacteristic of my friendly, happy, lovely little Ladybug. No one is trying to soothe her, no one is trying to determine what is wrong, no one is doing ANYTHING.
I turn to the ladies and ask if she'd been like this all day- and one gray haired old hag (yes, I'm that catty) had the GALL to tell me that Ada is a difficult baby. You read that correctly- difficult. Then she proceeded to tell me that the drop-in in Ada's bottle leaked everywhere, got all over everything, and how "atrocious" of an ordeal it was. (I wanted to tell her that I'd made those bottles yesterday morning, checked them the night before, and in the morning when I unloaded them onto Ada's shelf in the fridge- no leak.... must've been USER ERROR) but decided against opening my mouth to prevent any irrevocable verbal damage I might do.
So Ada and I came home yesterday, both a complete mess. Ada was clingy, anxious, starving, and exhausted. I was one email away from quitting my job and just letting the house foreclose- I'd rather live under a bridge with my baby than have to send her back near the hag again! We just snuggled, played, and prayed together all afternoon and evening. Ada eventually settled back into her typical happy-go-lucky persona; and I had a feeling that God would take extra good care of us today....
....and He did! I dropped Ada off (with Miss Angel- she's back and her baby is better!); and when I called mid-day to check on her, I was told she was sitting in her high chair, smiling, and casually eating her sweet potato stix and cheese I'd sent her for lunch. She'd slept for 45 minutes (with no fight!), and taken a (non-leaking) bottle. When I got there to pick her up, she was holding Boy Toy (whom she carried with her everywhere she went, and would let no one near him all day- not even Presley and Kash!) and playing with a group of kids.
Just thought I'd update everyone! We had a bump in the road, but survived it and are doing well. And my classroom is looking SO GREAT. I'll post pictures of it soon!

2 comments:

Haffner's World said...

Thank goodness!!! I am so glad that Ada had a much better day!!! Go Ada Go!!!

The outfit she has on is adorable by the way :)

Kate said...

Um love the ladybug outfit too!!! Where is this from? And oh my goodness what a horrible lady. Who couldnt love Ada? I think you are a much better person than I am- I would have SLAPPED that old lady into next week. Ugh. Glad things are all better!!!! :-)