3.07.2010

Knead Bread?

I've had this urge to buy a bread maker lately. We will go look at them, and I will talk myself out of it with the reasoning that a) I will only enjoy it (therefore use it) for a brief moment in time (I'm famous for that), and b) I will not be able to actually successfully bake a loaf of bread. Well, Grandma and Grandpa (Casey's parents) are getting ready for a garage sale, and found one that they have had and never used!! So we brought it home and put it to work!

Like new!
It does all of the work for you- kneading, rising, kneading, rising, punching, rising, then baking!!! All you have to do is put the right ingredients in and choose your setting!

First loaf!
Here it is sliced and ready to be eaten. We made French Bread, because we had pasta for dinner tonight- so it eventually became Garlic Bread. Yum!
Ada enjoying- still warm and fluffy!

I'm going to try Whole Wheat sandwhich bread next week- then the fun begins! Apple bread, garlic-herb bread, pumpernuckel (sp?) bread, and the list goes on! :) Thank you Grandma and Grandpa ("Pa")!!!!

1 comment:

Another Texas Family said...

My bread maker is my favorite kitchen appliance. I use it 3-4 times a week. If you have any bread left from the loaves, you can make your own breadcrumbs and freeze em. Delicious and healthy! I've recently started making my own whole wheat pizza crust using the dough setting.