3.07.2010

Run for the Ring

Traditions Council held a 5K run/walk this year around campus- if you participated, your name was entered into a drawing to win a free Aggie ring!!! So MiMi, Drew, Ada, and I all lined up at the starting line in Drew's name with the hopes of getting him a free ring.... all he won was 4th place (wow!), an Aggie mug (which was given to MiMi), and a gift certificate to a sandwhich shop we've never heard of- but it was one of the most fun days we've had in a long time!!!

I have not run since I found out I was pregnant- if you do the math you'll realize that's over 2 years!! I had intended to walk; but refused (out of pride) to just do a 3K (that's only 1 mile, people!).... so I jogged/walked the whole 5K (pushing a stroller with a sleeping baby, 2 purses, 3 sweatshirts, and 2 bottles of water, ha!). And I feel like I ran a marathon, today!!! But I'm glad I did it, and it gave me a renewed desire to get back in shape. Or at least quit being so darn dormant. It's getting ridiculous.... Here are some pictures! :)

1st stop: Bonfire Memorial. I love this picture.
Before the race! (Got this new jogging stroller for only $80 after a $20 coupon and a salvaged Babies-R-Us gift card from Ada's baby shower that I'd forgotten about!!! Ada LOVES it.)

Ada and MiMi hanging out.

After the 5K- Ada was pretty upset that I had quit jogging and interrupted her nice nap...

No longer upset- now dancing to the music, and clapping for all of the lucky winners!

Mom and Drew by the Aggie Bus.

R.C. Sloakum- "The Winningest Football Coach in Aggie History" gave a speech. He also ran, and kicked my butt.


Then afterward, to reward our physical acitivity, we feasted at Olive Garden! Here is Ada giving us all a lesson in the proper etiquette for eating spaghetti:







LoVe ThIS BabY!!!!!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Woohooo!!!! Dude, your soooo lucky Ada likes the jogging stroller! Mia lasts about 5 min then starts screaming! That looks like a fancy new stroller too :-) Dont you love when you find gift cards! Its the best!