7.22.2010

My Little Artiste

So, Ada's baby girl room is getting a big girl revamp. And she has been DYING to get into some paint since this project commenced. Her painting preoccupation began in the Wal Mart paint aisle where she fell in love with all of the stirring rods, paint brushes, colors, and spilled paint on the floor. We seriously played "pain-ting" for 20 minutes on our first stroll down the aisle.

So, obviously, I had to let her paint something for her walls! Here's my quirky girl- dressed in her full artist get-up complete with 2-sizes-too-small pink tutu, Dora necklace, and pink backpack. I can see her 25 years from now living in San Francisco or Austin or NYC dressed in this exact outfit, painting pictures just like the ones she whipped up today! (Obvious disclaimer: I prepped the canvases with the background color and brown circles!)



Final product! ---
And all of the action caught on tape:

2 comments:

McClure Family said...

so stinkin cute! i love the video too!! "oh, oh, oh!!" too funny!

Kate said...

Is that what your painting outfit looks like too?!?!?? hehe... I LOVE it!
You should seriously use her paintings on the wall in her room! That would be so cute! And btw- I can totally see her being an artist one day. She has the personality and the creativity!