2.02.2011

Ada's High School Experience

It's 6:20 in the morning- we are 10 minutes from Ada's school where we will dress in the parking lot, then happily go in to eat breakfast with friends. My phone rings and Caitlin Atlee informs me that Kids-R-Kids is CLOSED because their pipes burst in the sub-20 degree temperatures last night! It's too late to call in for a sub, too late to turn around and take her home, too late for Casey to cancel his meetings, too late for ANYTHING except to bring Ada to school with me....
And she had a BLAST! She participated in 1st period Chemistry's Limiting Reagent lab (they made S'Mores!) and helped me work a few example problems on the board, then watched Dora the Explorer projected on the Smart board with Anatomy during 2nd period (during which they were supposed to work on their Eye Packet... but I'm pretty sure they all just watched Dora, too!). She had such a fabulous time, in fact, that she CRIED when first period left!

Then, MorMor the Saint met me at home during my conference and snuggled with Ada the rest of the day!

Daycare is supposed to be back open tomorrow, but we'll see! Ada might be teaching Percent Yield, too....

1 comment:

Kate said...

That is so funny! What a fun day for Ada!