Been a while...

It's been a while since a meaty post.  It's funny how that goes- the more going on, the more you want to blog about, but the less time you have to do so.  Now that I'm taking the time to sit at the computer and write one, I can't remember everything I've been storing away in my frontal lobe.

I'll just blabber about the last 5 days.  Would you ever guess these adorable kids weren't feeling well?

They're totally sick.  Dax's teachers had been telling me for days they thought he was under the weather, but I wasn't seeing it.  He finally woke up about 3am on Thursday morning running a MILD fever, so I decided to go ahead and get him checked out by the doctor.  Lo-and-behold: double ear infection (one of which is severe), and nasty upper respiratory infection.  So nasty, in fact, that he has to have breathing treatments of albuterol.  :(

Dax taking his albuterol. 
 The good thing?  I got to miss 2 days of work and snuggle, snuggle, snuggle him!!!

Dax's began at 3am on Thursday... Ada's began at 4am on Saturday.  Casey and I wake up with her crying at the side of our bed "I just had a dream about creepy shadows... and I throwed up in my beeeeeddddd."  It was so sad, and such a mess. She felt icky all weekend, too. 

Snuggling on the pallette with her "Rat Princess" that Aunt Andi sent her from NYC!

Daddy built her a BOMB fort that she lounged in all day Saturday and Sunday and watched movies. 
Everyone is seemingly on the mend.  Dax has been on antibiotics for 5 days, though, and his ears are still bothering him.  He's also still sounding really rattle-y in the chest- tack on the email that I got from daycare today saying one of his friends in his classroom has RSV (a baby lung virus)- we are going back to the doctor tomorrow for a re-evaluation.  And then we're off for Thanksgiving break, yay!

And, something super random, but made my entire weekend:  Dax discovered the property of "elasticity."  He realized he could "pop" my elastic headband- and he sat there and popped it like a slingshot for a good ten minutes. (Such a boy!) 

He'd pop it.  Look at me.  Wait for my reaction (which was totally ridiculous in between shots with camera phone!).  Smile and giggle.  Then pop it again. And again.  And again.

This was one of the pictures I'd captured in the midst of all the popping!!  I cannot get enough of it!  This boy makes me smile so hard.

No comments: