3.18.2012

Dax's Monster Bash!

So many pictures, so many great memories!  I worked really hard to make this party as awesome as Dax deserved (and big sister deserved a great day for being so amazing, too!)- and I think it was a success.  It was perfect, and I am posting an obnoxious amount of pictures.
Dax's big gift from Mommy, Daddy, & Ada- a racetrack table!!!  Talk about a labor intensive gift...  I'll blog about it from start to finish one of these days!  It is pretty darn adorable.



At the entrance to the Monster Bash- "Place a capsule in this cup of water, and it will turn into a MONSTER of a toy for you while you play!"  It literally turns into a foam monster.
 I have a soft spot for these types of toys, since I was quite attached to one as a child.  His name was Mr. Character.  (I was such a freakin weirdo!)

Party favors!

Play-doh party favors

Create your own monster hat- since it was a sunny afternoon.  No one made one except me... :)

Play-doh and sidewalk chalk.  A house party must.
I searched all over Houston for a monster bouncehouse- and the closest I could find was a dragon!  Whatever- the kids loved it.

Homemade banner...
Homemade banner...


HUGE homemade banner!


Balloons with monster faces!!  Literally printed off onto sticker paper- I will do this with EVERY party theme from now on.  What a great way to customize balloons without breaking the bank!





Monster cupcakes.  :)
The snack table- the large empty spot is for a pitcher of margaritas still being prepared by Dad- accompanied by a "Margarita Bar".  Yuummmmm!


 Enough pictures of decor- here are some cute action shots!!!

Ada and her friend Addy jumping!

Dax at the play-doh table.
Trying a bite...

I think the jury's still out if he liked the taste or not!


Dax LOVED his Monster-Dragon Bouncehouse!!!







Sweet Asher Hodge- he was such a trooper!  And too cute for words.



Sidewalk chalk



Dax and his pal Asher Gaulke!!  Whom he bit on the face about 30 minutes later.  :(  
Ada's gorgeous play doh concoction. 
More bouncehouse!


Trying to coax him out...

It's not a first birthday party without adult beverages!!!

Dax opening his gift from Uncle Christian!!!!  

Dax's gorgeous Venezuelan girlfriend from school, Cristina.  :)


Dax smashing his cake!!  Andrea took some AMAZING pictures of this- I'm going to upload them to a separate post there are so many!

No more room to swallow his last bite.  Looking at Uncle Luis for advice...


The little monster ready for bed.  Talk about exhausted!!  And talk about cute jammies from Mr. Asher Gaulke!

So. Handsome. I. Can't. Take it.

2 comments:

Megan said...

You did a fantastic job!! And Dax looked adorable on his big day. I CANNOT believe he is one! I am in denial that there is only one month left until Jude's birthday.

Corlis said...

Moesha, you totally outdid yourself. You are so creative! How did you do the banners?

Corlis