4.23.2012

Zoo Trip

Took our first family zoo trip of 2012 this past weekend- it was a wonderful time, as usual!  I love taking a baby for the first time- Dax could not get enough of the huge, moving beasts!  It was totally adorable.  Ada has always been a big zoo fan- mostly because of the carousel ride we go on at the end of the day!
Feeding a giraffe!!! 

My favorite picture ever.  Waiting in line to feed the giraffes- Dax was *almost*  as intrigued by the zoo patrons on the opposite side of the wall as he was the animals!  He kept insisting Casey hoist him up to peek over.

Wagon ride!

'Bout to get out to see the tigers- "Raaawwwwrrrrr!!"

Loved the elephants.  He sat still and watched for about 10 minutes.  Then he wanted to hop the fence, and it was time to move on.

First carousel ride as a coherent human being!

I adore this little girl.

Mommy and Ada.

Trying to catch a picture of our perfect afternoon lunch on the patio, and this happened---


The next day was just as amazing.  I think we played in the backyard from 10am-4pm.  This is once we'd come in and cooled off. We put these fairy wings on Dax because it was funny... but he didn't want us to take them off, and he walked around with them on for almost an hour!  And this mustard bottle- it's almost his security blanket. 


1 comment:

Kate said...

Dax is so cute I could eat him up. I mean seriously. He is so cute! I love that picture of him looking on and you can see the back of his head.... sweet boy. He reminds me of Ben... :-)