10.11.2012

Dax- 18 months

So I'm a little late- he turned 18 months the day of Ada's party at Moody Gardens on 9/16!  At least I've beat his 19th mirthday...

I cannot believe how old, big, and mature this kid is!  If you look at the pictures I posted of them on School Picture Day, I feel like he looks like he's 18 years instead of 18 months!  
And I feel like he understands things I say to him well beyond his years, too.  (It's kind of eerie to say something like "Dax, grab your paci- it's around the corner behind the couch.  Then go drop it into the sink and get a clean one off of the counter."... and watch him follow those directions exactly.)

He is so funny- curious about EVERYTHING (therefore INTO everything!), and learning like a fiend.  

He is learning manners (last video of the group!), lots of words, colors (he know several colors if you ask him "which is _____?"... but still calls them all "red"!), the concept of counting (I guess?  He just says "one, one, one, ooonneeee!") and he seems super coordinated (and also daring) to me.  

He LOVES to play outside (and is SO good about staying away from the street like a good boy!), he LOVES gymnastics (the first three videos!), naps terribly but sleeps great at night.  He eats constantly (that's actually slowing down a bit- I guess his 6 month growth spurt is leveling out), and is doing SO well staying home.  I love him to pieces!!!!!

Here are some videos I've taken of him recently, at 18 months.  :)

On the rings at gymnastics- his favorite!  (The "weengs!")
He does so awesome on the balance beam, so I was trying to get a video of him sailing down it- but he was really wanting to go get his stamp for the end of class instead.  :)
Talking about his stamp.  
One of my favorites- his table manners.  :)

No comments: