11.23.2009

Another Boring Weekend

Well, it's the weekend before Thanksgiving; and it was a rather uneventful one! Which is fine by us; we've got a crazy (but exciting) few weeks ahead of us. Lots of family to see, shopping to do, birthday parties to attend, Holiday gatherings to enjoy, and Christmas decorating to do!
Last week we got an email in Katy ISD that we could receive a 23% discount on our Sprint phone plans- so Casey and I went in to a retail store yesterday to see what the deal-i-o was. While we were there; I fell in L-O-V-E with the new Palm Pixi. After 2 hours, many strings pulled by the Sales Girl to allow an early upgrade, a bored and curious little girl, and a VERY patient husband- my early birthday present is mine! ALL MINE! I felt extrememly guilty, spoiled, bratty, etc- but nonetheless I'm SO in love with it- it's by far the coolest phone I've ever had! (I usually just go for next-to-free phone that comes with the plan; bare minimum accessories, etc- so I'm having a blast with this techy thing! Now I understand my Aunt Andi's obssession is with gadgets.) My new Pixi is definitely one thing I'm very Thankful for this Thanksgiving Week. But even more importantly: my loving, patient, understanding, happy family! Here's what the Pixi looks like:

Then, in order to show our appreciation for the Tigerland Daycare Ladies and Casey's office staff, I made the most delectable Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars ever tasted by man. You can find the recipe here: www.marthastewart.com/recipe/pumpkin-chocolate-chip-squares. I am so thankful that I can drop Ada off at daycare everyday, knowing that she is happy, cared for, loved, and able to freely express her quirky personality! They love her so much there, and that's all a Momma needs! Here's a picture of the bars:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........

1 comment:

Kate said...

Cool phone! And I am totally trying that recipe... mmmmmm....