11.26.2009

Pernicious Photographers

First of all, let me begin this post by wishing everyone a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! I will post an official "Thanksgiving Blog" soon; but we haven't completed our rounds yet to all of the delicious feasts and family get togethers; so I'm going to hold off until I've got it all documented.
However, I do want to show you a few of Ada's school pictures from daycare. We have yet to see a "good" one, because Ada DESPISES the photographer they use!!! Every picture day they have to attempt Ada's shot multiple times- and we're not talking multiple pictures. We're talking multiple trips to and from the baby room to the set!
I am getting to where I anxiously await the day the pictures arrive at school; not to see how adorable my little pumpkin looks- but to see the ridiculous expressions on her face. They range from sheer terror, to exasperation, to contempt for the Kandid Kids photographer. The thing that absolutely melts my heart is that by the end of the whole fiasco, she is *usually* able to squeeze in a hint of a smile while they snap away. Here are the three they have taken so far:

This is Ada at 7 months old. This was the 3rd trip to the photography set, and the only reason her hysteria diminished was because all but one of the infant ladies was behind the photographer acting like fools.

12 months old- she cried incessantly. Finally she ran out of tears and sqeaked out a "smile." However- if you click on the picture to see it larger, you can see the hint of a tear on her cheek. So pathetic!

This was the most recent torturous photo shoot for The Bug (a couple of weeks ago). You can see in her expression she has recognized the photographer, and has declared war. "You will no longer get a rise out of me, you evil camera man. Nor will I indulge you and smile."
Aside from the photographer- there is only one other common factor among all of these school pictures. The large headband and bow. I hate to say it; but I am hoping that the fiascos are rooted in her despise for the photographer; not the bow. We've got a while before there is enough hair on that head for other means of accessories!!

No comments: